Fall is coming, which means it is time to prep your home for the chillier weather. Follow our basic Fall Weather Checklist to ensure your home is ready for the season!
- Clean your chimney and chimney furnace
- Install a proper chimney cap
- Clean your dryer vent
- Install a bird guard on your exhaust vent and/or dryer vent
- Change your air filters and move to a pleated filter for cooler months
- If you have high and low supply vents, shut the high vents and open the low vents
- If you have high and low return vents, shut the low vent and open the high vents
- Put your damper for the humidifier into winter mode
- Be sure your humidifier is clean, and both the water line and humidistat are turned back on
- If you have a high efficiency furnace, PVC pipes are used for venting. They are connected to your furnace and routed out to the side of your home. Ensure nothing is blocking the venting system including overgrown shrubs
- Have your duct work cleaned to circulate better indoor air quality especially since your windows will be closed for the upcoming seasons
Advanced Furnace provides air duct cleaning, chimney and chimney furnace cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, installation of chimney caps and bird guards as well as other indoor air quality services including; encapsulation, aero sealing and mold testing. Call Advanced Furnace at 1-877-4-FreshAir for your free price quote and to protect your home and family this fall season.