Many New Jersey residents call us at Advanced Furnace and Air Duct Cleaning and simply ask “how do I know if I need my heat vents cleaned”? Also, Is air duct cleaning necessary? Those are two good (and frequently asked questions) and can be answered with a few simple questions in response:
1. Are you or is someone in your home suffering from allergies or asthma? Yes? Then air duct cleaning could be helpful and beneficial.
2. Do you see mold or visible dust/dirt on your registers? If so, air duct cleaning is necessary.
3. Do you have a strange or suspect odor emanating from your ductwork?
4. Have you recently had a fire or smoke damage to your home or recent construction (such as remodeling or floor refinishing)?
5. Are you experiencing excessive dust around your home on top of furniture and ceiling fans?
6. Did you purchase a home in NJ and suspect that the previous owners were smokers or had pets?
If you can answer “YES” to any of the above questions, then we can reply “YES, YOU DO NEED YOUR DUCTWORK CLEANED”. Duct Cleaning is Necessary.
**We have written and published an article about Duct Cleaning in New Jersey and Why it is Important. You can read it in full on Angie’s List here.