As the weather gets cooler, all sorts of critters are looking for shelter from the cold. The best line of defense is prevention! Here are some practical ways to deter mice, chipmunks and other small animals from making your home their winter retreat:
- Plug all tiny holes and cracks you see around the foundation of your home.
- Seal garage doors and windows.
- Install guards on your dryer vents.
- Clean out places they love to nest like old boxes, piles of clothing and newspapers.
- Remove any food source like spills, trash, pet food, bird or grass seed.
- Keep your garage door closed.
Should a mouse or any small animal settle in your duct work and die, you will know it soon enough. It will expel a vulgar odor in the matter of just twelve hours. Give Advanced Furnace & Air Duct Cleaning a call and we will come out and remove the remains. We will then clean your duct work which will remove droppings left behind. It is important to fully sanitize the system. An enzymatic cleaner will be used to remove any trace of the critter, its fluids, and any lingering odor.