Help Keep Your Ducts Clean Between Cleanings:
Committing to a good preventive maintenance program is essential to minimize duct contamination especially between your regularly scheduled air duct cleanings. The National Air Duct Cleaning Associate recommends your air ducts be cleaned every 3 to 5 years.
To prevent dirt from entering the system:
- Use the highest efficiency air filter recommended by the manufacturer of your HVAC system
- Change filters regularly based on manufacturer recommendation
- If your filters become clogged, change them more frequently
- Be sure you do not have any missing filters
- Keep your coils and drain pan clean
- During construction or renovation work, seal off supply and return registers and do not operate the HVAC system until after cleaning up the dust
- Remove dust and vacuum your home regularly
- If your heating system includes in-duct humidification equipment, be sure to operate and maintain the humidifier strictly as recommended by the manufacturer
At the 3 to 5 year mark, we here at Advanced Air Duct Cleaning look forward to servicing your home.