Happy National Walking Day! Are allergies keeping you inside and limiting your workouts? Try some of these suggestions so you can continue to enjoy the great outdoors!
1. Did you know that most plants pollinate between 5:00 am and 10:00 am? Try taking your walk mid to late afternoon.
2. Avoid walking or jogging on trails through your local park.
3. Consider walking inside, like in your local mall, on windy days or when the pollen count is very high.
4. Take your allergy meds before you go outside.
5. Don’t skip rainy days! The rain can temporarily “wash” the pollen from the air!
6. If your pet walks or jogs with you make sure you wipe him down before bringing him back inside of your home!
7. Change your clothes and shower before walking around your home.
8. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
9. Walk near the beach or seashore as it is an area less affected by pollen.
10. Research a different type of exercise if walking or jogging outside is just too debilitating during allergy season.
Be proactive with your indoor environment so you are not exposed to an excess of allergens. Keeping your home clean and free of dust, pollen, dust mites and mold is so important. Duct cleaning should be part of that routine! Give the office a call to get a free estimate and to book your appointment. Mention this article for a 15% spring discount!